- British Airways online
searchable timetable. Tickets from London Heathrow or Gatwick to Aberdeen, Edinburgh and Glasgow, also to Inverness (more expensive).
- Loganair operates services from Scotland to the rest of the UK and Europe. It also flies to the Inner and Outer Hebrides, Orkney and Shetland.
- EasyJet operates daily cheap flights from Gatwick (London), Luton Airport (about 30 miles north of London) direct to Inverness, Glasgow, Edinburgh and Aberdeen. Single journey tickets allow flexibility to fly into one part of the country and fly out of another.
- RYANAIR operates cheap flights from Glasgow airport, Glasgow Prestwick, Edinburgh and Aberdeen to other airports in the UK and many European cities.
- KLM UK is another company which is offering flights from London City Airport to Edinburgh, or from Stansted to Aberdeen, Edinburgh, Glasgow.
- Germanwings flies from Edinburgh to Cologne.
Check for flight prices:
Main Airports in Scotland
Edinburgh Airport (7 miles from the city centre). Coaches every 10-20 minutes. Taxis available. Car hire available
- Glasgow Airport ( 8 miles from the city centre). Coaches every 20 minutes direct to city centre. Coach service to railway station 2 miles away. Frequent coach service to Edinburgh. Taxis available. Car hire available
- Prestwick Airport.
30 miles south of Glasgow on the Ayrshire coast. Coaches every hour to Glasgow.
Trains every 30 minutes to Glasgow. 50% discount on rail tickets.
Taxis available. Car hire available.
- Aberdeen Airport (at Dyce 7 miles from city centre). Regular coach service at peak times. Dyce railway station is a short distance away by taxi (5 pounds). Taxis available. Car hire available. Direct flights to destinations all over Europe and the UK.
- Inverness Airport (at Dalcross, 8 miles from Inverness, 7 miles from Nairn). Frequent bus service to/from Inverness city centre. Taxis available. Car hire available. The nearest train stations are at Inverness and Nairn. Direct flights to London (Heathrow, Gatwick, Luton), Birmingham, Bristol, Manchester, Jersey, Dublin, Belfast City, Benbecula, Stornoway, Kirkwall and Sumburgh, as well as Amsterdam (Schiphol), Bergen and Majorca.
- Dundee Airport - fly to Standsted (London).
Other airports in Scotland including:
- Stornoway (Isle of Lewis)
- Balivanich (Isle of Benbecula)
- Isle of Barra
- Isle of Islay
- Kirkwall (Orkney)
- Sumburgh (Shetland)
- Lerwick (Shetland)
For more info on these, visit the
Highlands and Islands Airports official web site.
English Airports (based around London):