Angus & Dundee Accommodation
Dundee is a popular city break destination with a rich maritime history and numerous museums.
It has also been named a UNESCO City of Design.
TOP 5 THINGS TO DO IN DUNDEE
Here are just some of the things to see and do while staying in the city of Dundee:
- The V&A Museum architecturally designed to look like a ship.
- Also on the waterfront is the Discovery Point centre which includes an exhibition centre and the RRS Discovery - the ship which took Scott to the Antartic.
- Be sure to visit the McManus - Dundee's Art Gallery and Museum in the city centre which has free admission.
- HM Frigate Unicorn - an original 19th-century warship
- Verdant Works - museum about Dundee's industrial textile heritage
RRS Discovery and V&A Museum
From Dundee, you can easily visit Broughty Ferry (castle museum overlooking the Tay estuary). Along the coast are the historic towns of Carnoustie (championship golf course and splendid beach), Arbroath (with its abbey where the Declaration of Arbroath was made on 6 April 1320) and the royal burgh of Montrose.
Bed and Breakfast Accommodation
Scotland's Best B&Bs is an organisation